Allocated Digital Accounts
Invest in gold and silver at a low premium of 1% without incurring the costs of delivery. Use the balance on your account to pre-fund a future purchase or sell the balance back to us.
The buy premium is 1% over spot and we offer to buy back at the live rate on any given day (please note storage fees apply for allocated gold and silver). If you opt to make a purchase of physical metal we will add 1% back onto your balance.
We also offer vaulted storage services for customers who wish to store their coins and bars either in the UK or overseas in bonded warehouses.
Add Funds To Account
What You Need to Know
Key facts about our metal accounts (full terms here):
- Loading metal to an account costs 1% (in troy ounces) which is refunded (in troy ounces) when you transact into physical metal.
- If you opt to sell rather than transact into metal, Chards will purchase any number of troy ounces on your account for 100% of the live spot rate on the day.
- Customer payment options are bank transfer, debit card, cheque and cash depending on the transaction value.
- When you opt to sell:
- BACS payment is usually set up the same day if received by 1pm. Please note processing times are between 0-3 days.
- When available, the CHAPS same-day service is charged at £20 per transfer. Instruction must be received by 1pm and we will advise when this service is not available.
- Monthly storage fees are charged as your balance is backed by physical bullion in our vaults.
- Access your pre-funded account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Large orders (over £30,000) require a 10% deposit to be paid and must be done during office hours (9am-4pm).
- Buying metal on a pre-payment account gives you the right to take delivery of physical metal at a future date determined by you.
- If you wish to redeem metal, you will be required to pay a delivery premium, shipping costs and VAT (if applicable). The most cost-effective option is for you to choose the products you want and use our online checkout.
- Further delivery costs (on top of the delivery premium) apply should you wish for onward delivery to an address.
- Customers are required to open an account and must provide identification as part of our onboarding process. An account can be set up by following this link to our customer accounts.
- The minimum order value is GBP 10.
- Our stock is fully insured by Lloyds of London and we are an award-winning bullion dealer with over 55 years' experience. We invite you to check our financials on Companies House, carry out your own due diligence or even pop in for a chat (appointment required during Covid-19).
Full Terms for Digital storage accounts (allocated metal account) - https://www.chards.co.uk/info/metal-account-terms.
What Is Allocated Gold and Silver?
Contractually, if you buy metal on a Digital storage account you are purchasing what is known as 'allocated metal'.
This means you are buying into a pool of gold or silver that Chards has title over with the benefit of being able to take delivery of in line with the terms of sale. This means you are purchasing a number of troy ounces of metal (to 4 decimal places) without specifying the design, form, manufacturer etc, therefore paying low premiums.
Chards is contractually obliged to back all Allocated Digital Accounts balances with physical coins and bars.
Blackpool and Overseas Pricing
Storage fees are charged as follows:
- Gold 0.5% of the value of your total metal holding + VAT per annum
- Silver 0.6% of the value of your total metal holding + VAT per annum
- Palladium 0.6% of the value of your total metal holding + VAT per annum
- Platinum 0.6% of the value of your total metal holding + VAT per annum
|Average Value||Estimated Monthly Fee (inc. VAT)*|
|£20,000 or below||£10||£10|
|Over £1,000,000||Please contact us on 01253 343081|
*This value will change slightly depending on the spot price of the metals stored.
Along with our purchasing prices, our storage fees are among the most competitive and transparent on the market. Some companies appear to have low rates, but this can be due to any number of reasons, such as higher purchase premiums or withdrawal fees. Our price is calculated by charging a percentage of the monetary value of stored bullion by using the average price of the previous 30 days of gold and silver.
To prove our transparency with pricing, we will explain the difference. Silver is more expensive as it has a larger footprint and requires more space, physical containers (inc. safes) and manpower to move and store in a secure manner in comparison to gold which is a lot smaller in terms of volume and weight.
If you deposit halfway through a calendar month, you will only be charged for the part of the month that we hold your gold. We also operate a minimum monthly fee of £10 inc. VAT.
We are not financial advisers, and we would always recommend that you consult with one before making any large purchases. We can only give advice on our best deals and information on our services. It is your decision as to which purchase is suitable for your budget and portfolio. We cannot predict with any certainty what silver, gold or any other commodity or currency will do over any length of time and neither can anyone else! Because of this, we tend to avoid giving any definite advice or strong opinion. There are some areas where we have considerable experience and feel we can safely give our thoughts. Some of it may appear obvious but we often find ourselves repeating it.
If you are unsure which one is best for you, please call customer service on 01253 343081 .
*N.B. Transferring from digital bullion to physical bullion or back in to cash is classed as a "disposal" and is therefore liable for capital gains tax (CGT).