Are You Looking For a New Job?
We like to think working at Chards is an exciting prospect as there are not many coin and bullion dealers in the North of England! You can read more about our unique business on the about us page.
If you are interested in the coin and bullion industry working for a long established successful business can be a great career choice. We train staff in customer service, sales, website development, marketing, management and leadership. Not only do we have over 50 years’ experience, but we are also winners of Bullion Dealer of the Year multiple times running, a tried and tested award for bullion dealers in the international arena!
We are always looking for passionate people to join our team so if you are interested in coins, bullion or jewellery don’t hesitate to drop us an email on [email protected] even if you do not see an opening below. If you have what it takes, we may just create an oppurtunity for you!
All of our available positions can be found below and on the contents bar to the right.
Packer & Warehouse Operative
6-month contract with the hope to become permanent depending on business activity.
Full Time 40 hours per week. 7:00am-3:30pm weekdays and Saturdays when required.
Starting £8.75, will increase depending on performance.
28 days (inc. Bank Holidays)
We are currently looking for a Packer & Warehouse Operative to join our small, vibrant and hardworking team. You will pack orders (heavy and light parcels) and assist with warehouse duties such as stock take and process incoming stock. You will need confidence in basic calculations to work out metal weights for items.
- Have A-C GSCE in English and Maths or equivalent or pass a Maths test at interview
- Good computer skills and comfortable learning new software under supervision
- Thrive from being in a varied job
- Be a quick learner
- Good timekeeper
- Enjoy responsibility for their own tasks
- Be able to work under pressure when needed
- Work to a high level of accuracy
- Honest, trustworthy and conscientious
- Enjoy problem solving and have an analytical mind
- Have a passion, dedication and drive as a team player - a "Can-do" attitude is essential
- Good organisation skills and great attention to detail
- Flexible with working hours due to changes of business levels each day
"Perks" of all jobs include:
- a plentiful supply of tea and coffee
- professional qualifications to pursue if applicable to your role
- opportunities to network and attend conferences again if applicable to your role
- family business vibe - we like people with a personality and someone who will fit in well, we expect people to be able to work outside of the box, bring new ideas and not be restricted by their job role