Meet Team Chard - Phil!
- What's your hometown?
- What made you move to Blackpool?
- What do you do at Chards?
- What's the best thing about working for Chards?
- What's your favourite coin?
- What are you missing most during lockdown?
- Top 3 things to make the lockdown pass.
- One thing you didn’t know about the coin / bullion industry before working at Chards?
- What would you be doing if you weren’t working at Chards?
- What other hobbies do you have?
- The one place you want to visit once lockdown’s ended?
- Do you have any hobbies?
SynopsisThis week we're talking to Phil, our Warehouse Operative and Tech Support guy.
What's your hometown?
What made you move to Blackpool?
The family moved to look after my nan, first to Scotland for 3 years then Blackpool for the rest.
What do you do at Chards?
Warehouse operative and tech support.
What's the best thing about working for Chards?
The community, everyone at the company is like one big family!
What's your favourite coin?
The Isle of Man 50p with the Manx Loaghtan sheep on it. It's certainly eye catching
What are you missing most during lockdown?
Eating out for special occasions, lockdown parties aren't much fun
Top 3 things to make the lockdown pass.
1. Sea shanties on youtube (longest johns, the dreadnaughts) – work songs are always fun to listen and sing to
2. Locke and Key – not the best show on netflix but worth a watch
3. Re-reading some old Dungeons and Dragons books for a game when lockdown is over.
One thing you didn’t know about the coin / bullion industry before working at Chards?
How much work goes into identifying a coin. After seeing Lawrence's 24 Carat website, I'm amazed just how many different types and variations a numismatist must research and look through
What would you be doing if you weren’t working at Chards?
Going up and down on the trams, it’s a lovely job but its nothing compared to working at chards!
What other hobbies do you have?
No hobbies really my main thing I love to do to switch off is watch TV, it’s just escapism and time to relax and if the weather nice you will always find me the garden.
The one place you want to visit once lockdown’s ended?
RK Dining in Preston for some of the best indian food that’s vegan.
Do you have any hobbies?
Roller Derby – Blackpool has a roller derby team, Blackpool roller derby. The male team never took off due to lack of support, so if anyone fancies it the blackpool tower rangers can start again :D
Related Blog Articles
33mm Coin Capsule
2021 Britannia 1 oz Silver Bullion Coin - New
Gold Sovereign Coin Best Value - Secondary Market
2021 Britannia 1 oz Gold Bullion Coin
Capsule 22.5mm Storage & Accessories
2021 Gold Sovereign Bullion Coin
2020 Gold Sovereign Bullion Coin
2020 Britannia 1 oz Gold Bullion Coin
39mm Coin Capsule
Gold Sovereign Bullion Coin - Minty
2020 Britannia 1 oz Silver Bullion Coin - New
Gold 1 oz Britannia Coin - Minty
1 oz Krugerrand Gold Coin Best Value - Secondary Market
2021 Britannia 1oz Silver Bullion Coin Tube - 25 Coins
1 oz Gold Bullion Coin Best Value - Secondary Market
1 Kg Silver Bar Our Choice - New
2021 Gold Proof Sovereign
1 Kg Silver Bar Metalor Cast - New
2021 Queen's Beasts Completer 2 oz Silver Bullion Coin
2020 Gold Proof Sovereign
This guide and its content is copyright of Chard (1964) Ltd - © Chard (1964) Ltd 2021. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited.
We are not financial advisers and we would always recommend that you consult with one prior to making any investment decision.