Meet Team Chard - Lesley!
- What's your hometown?
- What do you do at Chards?
- What's the best thing about working for Chards?
- What's your favourite coin?
- What are you missing most during lockdown?
- Top 3 things to make the lockdown pass.
- One thing you didn’t know about the coin / bullion industry before working at Chards?
- What would you be doing if you weren’t working at Chards?
- What other hobbies do you have?
- The one place you want to visit once lockdown’s ended?
- Any Special Talents?
SynopsisToday's Meet The Team is our Sales Manager, Lesley! If you've phoned our showroom you've probably spoken to Lesley. She's our most talkative staff member and excellent at playing Coin Charades. She also been known to impersonate a famous popstar on work nights out.
What's your hometown?
What do you do at Chards?
Sales Manager, dealing with high value purchases and sales of gold and silver.
What's the best thing about working for Chards?
The variety, one day is never the same as the next. It keeps you on your toes; you never know who or what is going to come through the door.
What's your favourite coin?
My favourite coin is the silver eagle, I just love the Liberty image.
What are you missing most during lockdown?
Top 3 things to make the lockdown pass.
1. Ozark (Netflix): A series about a family forced to relocate due to a money laundering scheme gone wrong. It’s dark and violent, but with humour along the lines of breaking bad
2. Goggle Box: It's a highlight of my week watching people watching TV. It always makes me laugh and makes me want to be on it.
3. The Great British Sewing Bee: A lovely sit down and forget everything TV show. I love to watch people who are skilled - I can just about sew on a button - and Joe Lycett is hilarious.
One thing you didn’t know about the coin / bullion industry before working at Chards?
I knew nothing about the bullion industry before I joined Chards. It’s as if it’s another world going on and you have no idea it exists. People buying silver and gold what? But now it makes complete sense and I feel the need to tell people about it like friends and family who, like me, did not know it existed.
What would you be doing if you weren’t working at Chards?
I have always loved the idea of working at a zoo, but probably would be working in customer service somewhere helping people.
What other hobbies do you have?
No hobbies really my main thing I love to do to switch off is watch TV, it’s just escapism and time to relax and if the weather nice you will always find me the garden.
The one place you want to visit once lockdown’s ended?
Apart from seeing my mum, I'd like to go to The Lake District.
Any Special Talents?
Can’t think of any talents I have, I have been asked a couple of time in the showroom to prove I can whistle, a proper 4 fingers in the mouth on the terraces whistle, suppose that is a talent.
Related Blog Articles
This guide and its content is copyright of Chard (1964) Ltd - © Chard (1964) Ltd 2021. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited.
We are not financial advisers and we would always recommend that you consult with one prior to making any investment decision.